Monday, December 23, 2013

Better late than never

I just finished quilting this project.  It's a Sandy Gervais panel that I bought at the Des Moines quilt show on October 2.  I thought it would be cute for Thanksgiving.  Actual completion date: December 22.  So I am 11 months early for next year.  I still have to put the binding on.  I hope I get in a mood to do that before November.

 I followed the printed lines to define the various motifs, adding kernels to the ear of corn and some seed-pod type pointy leaves to those purple circles.  The borders are a swirly design using a variegated thread.  The background is more tightly quilted with ivory thread in a McTavishing design.
 More details . . . 
The bowl is quilted with wavy stripes in ivory thread between the printed wavy stripes.
Just for fun!

1 comment:

Shamus said...

wow, awesome work!